Sunday, April 6, 2008

Words from our coordinator

Hi, I’m Bogdan... a simple iswint-er.

To start off I’m going to suggest you to describe in a page the thing you love the most in your life.

I realize that it is very difficult, if not impossible. I’m being put face to face with my student life.

I have to define my life, my experience, my friends, I have to define my humanity.

For me the ISWinT phenomenon is a vice that became a virus, it’s a piece of my heart. Because it is true: the festival bounds friendships, develops personalities and improves creativity.

I never thought we don’t have a limit, that every reached point is the first step to a new level, every level you get through gives birth to a challenge: to be better than you are, to outrun yourself. Every day you are born for the million time, to live with your dream and realize that your thought is real, tangible, it exists without any doubt; and then go to sleep creating a new dream. Can you turn it into reality?

Yes, of course, because the limit is only where you can’t dream anymore.

And ISWinT is my dream.

It started in an unexpected way, on a chilly march afternoon, I was returning from school. I was talking with a friend. She was telling me: “Tonight I’m going to a meeting, I have joined the organizing team of an international festival”. This phrase abashed me, I curiosity started invading me; I couldn’t help myself, I wouldn’t have been in peace with myself if I didn’t get involved. And there I was that night at the meeting: a lot of people, fuss, a blackboard full of notes...I didn’t understand anything. I entered the room, took a seat in a desk and listened.

The meeting ends, the coordinator of the festival comes up to me and asks me in what department I would like to activate...but what are the departments? I’m going to join Entertainment; I heard something about parties, trips ...it sounded pretty good.

And it begins: ISWinT 2006 “Future foundations for young minds”...What? Who? How? And we where organizing, making friends, we where having fun... after a while I got hungry, I tell the participants we should go in the student campus to eat something. And this is how “shaorma at 3AM” was born; you got it right, I was responsible about that after-party. So responsible that I used to stay up until 7 o’clock in the morning with all the team talking, when they had workshop at 9 o’clock.

And I loved it so much that I missed them every moment; us, the organizers, used to cheer up each other by going out, the whole gang.: our stories about the festival that ended used to last for hours, we where missing it...and suddenly I was surounded by people with whom I had to discuss something else than the every day monotony.

ISWinT 2007: “Influences”, I wonder what can influence me. Can it be friends? Certainly, the organizers of last years festival became my family, we where sharing joy and sadness, we where sharing aspirations and experiences. I grew up too, I became coordinator of the Entertainment department, more responsibilities and a team to coordinate, the festival needed me, but maybe not as much as I needed it. I still look at the hundreds of pictures I have, search my messenger list for the friends I have made, I dream, I experience, I believe...I live.

Now the 15th edition of ISWinT is getting close, I can’t wait, I dying with desire, days are passing with difficulty, but it will happen. It will be our little revolution, the evolution of our personality...it will be the impersonation of my dream, that became our dream thanks to the team; will I stop here? I don’t think so, but for sure I will give my best. It our reward for the past generations of organizers, brought with your support, the reader...

And all this because the ISWinT spirit is in all those like me: people for whom the limit is where dreams can not enter.

Bogdan – coordinator ISWinT 2008

No comments: